Home Charging Subscriptions - FAQs
As a rideshare driver, it’s essential you spend more time on the road and less time thinking about charging.
Unlike combustion-engine vehicles, which must be taken to a petrol station to be refuelled, electric vehicle owners have a range of options available. Most notably, the ability to come home every night, plug in and charge, and have a full battery the next morning.
That’s why JET Charge has partnered with Splend to provide an exclusive monthly subscription for a dedicated charger installed at your own home.
To proceed with our dedicated home charger subscription, please submit an enquiry via Splend.
1. What is the best way to charge my electric vehicle?
The most convenient and reliable way to charge any electric vehicle is conveniently at home, using a dedicated wall charger.
Both globally and in Australia, the most common EV charging location is at home. According to the Electric Vehicle Council, over 80% of Australian EV owners reported charging at home at least twice per week. In contrast, over 90% reported using public chargers less than once per week.
2. How much is a dedicated home charger?
To mitigate upfront cost and compliment your Splend subscription, we’ve developed an affordable and fit for purpose solution for a dedicated home charger as a monthly cost.
|Home Charger Subscription||On-Going Monthly Cost (incl. GST)|
|Wallbox Pulsar Plus – Single Phase||$33|
|Wallbox Pulsar Plus – Three Phase||$38.50|
3. How much does installation cost?
Every house is unique when it comes to the power available on-site and the existing infrastructure. If the house does not fall under a standard installation, JET Charge will need to conduct a site assessment to provide a final quote.
|Upfront Installation||Cost (incl. GST)|
|Standard Domestic Installation* (Single Phase)||$858|
|Standard Domestic Installation* (Three Phase)||$1,218|
4. What if I want to remove my dedicated home charger?
You’re able to request your dedicated home charger to be un-installed at any time, JET Charge simply requires 20 business days’ written notice. See our terms and conditions for all the specifics. If removal is requested in the first 12 months, a $150 cancellation fee will apply.
5. What’s the term of this monthly subscription?
As this is an on-going subscription, there is no minimum or maximum term. Therefore, you can end your subscription at any time.
6. What information will I need to provide JET Charge for a quotation?
JET Charge will need to complete a remote assessment in order to provide a quotation. In order to complete the remote assessment, we require the following images and information. We’ll also do our best to confirm if we can do a Standard Domestic Installation.
- Clear photo(s) of your switchboard and any sub-boards you have at your property
- Clear photo of the preferred charger location
- Clear photo of the front of your house
- Approximate distance between the switchboard and the charger
- Confirm if your garage/charger location is attached or detached from main house
- Confirm if your property is single or multi-storey?
7. What are the specifications of the dedicated home charger?
The dedicated home charger provided is the Wallbox Pulsar Plus.
The Wallbox Pulsar Plus is a smart, compact and easy-to-use charger, wall-mounted in your garage location and connected to your existing electricity supply to enable fast charging. Rated for charging at and above the 11 kW Polestar 2 AC maximum, with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and myWallbox companion app, Wallbox also offers smart features like scheduled charging, remote control and more. It can also be set up to charge using your surplus solar.
|Connector Type||Type 2|
|Maximum Power||7.4kW (1 Phase) / 11kW (3 Phase)|
|Range Added per Hour||Up to 60km|
|Warranty||Unlimited under contract with JET Charge|
8. How is a dedicated home charger installed?
Installing a charger into your home requires a change to your electrical wiring. JET Charge will need to assess the nature and complexity of each installation prior to the install day. Most installations are ‘standard’, but in rare cases, additional electrical works may be required.
Once we have all necessary information, if any additional electrical works are required, we’ll confirm details with you before we proceed with any work.
Once confirmed, our team will contact you to arrange installation on a day that suits you. We’ll send an SMS reminder 24 hours prior to installation to ensure you’re ready to go!
On the day, we’ll install the charger and verify together that everything is working as expected.
9. Do I need three phase electricity at home to install my dedicated home charger?
No. The Wallbox Pulsar Plus is capable of installation at both single phase and three phase.
10. Can the speed of charging vary?
The speed of charging of an EV charger installed in your home can vary depending on the power available in your home and installation rules in NSW.
11. Will my charger be able to charge other electric vehicles?
Absolutely! The Wallbox Pulsar Plus can charge any vehicle that has a Type 2 socket. Type 2 is the standard plug type in Australia, so should support most electric vehicles on the road today. All new electric vehicles sold in Australia must have a Type 2 socket.
12. Can I install my dedicated home charger outside?
Yes, absolutely, these chargers are rated to be installed indoors and outdoors.
13. Is it possible to track the charger through my phone?
Absolutely! Wallbox makes smart EV chargers that can remotely connect to the myWallbox app. With the myWallbox app, you can start and stop charging session, remotely adjust charging sessions, and schedule charging depending on your electricity tariffs. For more information, visit the Wallbox website.
14. Does it come with a warranty?
Wallbox chargers supplied by JET Charge will be under warranty throughout the duration of your subscription.
15. Will my electric vehicle come with an extra cable?
Wallbox chargers that get installed in your home come with a 5-meter cable attached. No need to bring a cable, just plug and play! You will need to consider where the best possible placement in your garage is for your charger to reach your vehicle’s charge port.
Your vehicle may also include a portable charging cable designed to plug in and charge from any designated power-point. These are great for charging in a pinch and recommended to keep in the boot, as they’re not recommended for daily charging needs due to the significantly slower charge rate.
16. Can I purchase an extra cable for public charging?
Some public chargers require you to provide your own cable. To fully utilise the wider public network of chargers, you may need a Type 2 to Type 2 11kW Charging Cable that you can purchase separately at an additional cost.
17. How do I install a charger if I’m renting?
If you’re currently renting, speak with your landlord to discuss the process around installation and removal. There will be some benefits to the landlord to consider, as by running the wiring to the garage, it future proofs the property to be EV ready in the future as the wiring itself will not be removed.
18. What is in a standard installation?
– Installation of a JET Charge supplied 7.2KW / 32 AMP Single Phase EV Wall Connector. (Maximum Demand/Current setting to be determined on site).
– Dedicated circuit approximately 20 Meters of wall/ceiling mounted cable. (Inc, PVC surface mount conduit) (No more than 400mm of Flexible PVC Conduit in Visible Locations).
– Isolation switch mounted readily accessible to the EV Wall Connector.
– All associated electrical containment and hardware fixings for the installation.
– Installation of electrical circuit protection in switchboard.
– Installation of Type A RCD at origin of the circuit. Type A RCD’s protect against residual DC Current. (As per AS/NZS 3000:2018 Electrical Installation Wiring Rules).
A standard installation does not involve:
– Any electrical remedial works to meet current wiring regulations
– Any groundworks or other civil works
– Any underfloor work (other than easy under house access)
– Any hidden or structural location not in the ordinary course of installation
– Work over two storeys
– Switchboard upgrades or three phase power upgrades
For any installation that does not fall within the standard install guidelines, JET Charge will provide the customer with any additional costs.