How we collect and use your information
Last Updated: 24 September 2021
When we refer to ‘we’ (or ‘our’ or ‘us’), we are referring to JET Charge Pty Ltd and all its wholly owned subsidiaries.
We may change this policy from time to time by publishing changes on our websites and updating the ‘last updated’ notice. We encourage you to check in from time to time to see if the policy has changed.
Information we collect
We may collect two types of information about you:
- personal information, which is provided through our websites, when you communicate with us about, or purchase and use, our products or services, or when you sign up to receive communications from us; and
- anonymised or statistical information, which is generated by our systems from your usage of our websites, products, or services.
This may include:
- your personal details, such as you first and last names, email and physical addresses and payment card or account details;
- your IP address;
- information about your energy usage when using our products and services;
- information about the web browser used to access a website;
- information about content you access on a website; and
- any other information relating to you that you provide to us through other methods (for example through the contact forms on a website) or that is publicly available.
If you don’t provide necessary personal information when we ask for it, this can mean that certain services or functionality won’t be available to you.
How we use your information
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- to provide our products and services to you;
- to respond to any questions or comments you have sent to us and to provide operational communications such as changes to our websites, products and services;
- to develop and improve our websites, products and services;
- on an anonymised basis, for research and policy development purposes;
- unless you select otherwise, to send you promotions or information about our (or other) products, services and trials which we think may be of interest to you;
- to personalise the advertisements that you see and make suggestions to you regarding our products and services, and third-party products and services;
- so that we can detect, prevent or investigate any fraudulent or malicious activities, including investigating any complaints relating to the misuse of a website;
- collecting amounts you may owe us, selling or assigning our debts, or in connection with any other financing arrangements (eg, if we sell or assign debts you owe us to another party);
- to comply with our legal obligations; and
- any other use that you authorise.
Who we share your information with
We will only share your information with other organisations or individuals in the following limited circumstances:
- When we engage other companies and individuals to perform services for us (including some who might be located outside Australia or New Zealand). Examples include providing hosting and web services, sending communications, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, processing card payments and debt recovery services. We will ensure that they agree to use personal information only as required to provide their services (and not for other purposes), and that they comply with applicable privacy laws.
- We may use your information to produce anonymised and aggregated analytics and reports, which we may share publicly or with third parties.
- We may share your information with financiers, investors or other participants, parties and advisors involved in the collection of any amounts you may owe us, or any sale or assignment of our debts, or any financing arrangements. Examples include where we ask other parties or advisors to assist in the collection of any debts you owe us, or where we sell or assign debts you owe us to another party.
- Only where we have your consent, we may provide your personal information to other organisations so they can send you communications about other products, services or events.
- We may need to disclose personal information to satisfy any applicable law, legal process or government request.
You have the option to choose not to receive certain types of communications from us. Any marketing communications we send will always contain a link at the bottom enabling you to unsubscribe. If you elect not to receive communications or ask to be removed from a mailing list, we may still send you communications where necessary to provide you with important information about details of or changes to the services you receive from us.
Cookies, tracking and analytics
We may use a cookie file containing information that can identify the computer or other device you are working from. The cookie file is anonymous and is only used to identify visits from the same web browser.
We may use the information generated by “cookies” to track traffic patterns to and from our websites, including information like the pages you visit, the time you spend on each page, the date and time of your visit, and pages you came from or go to.
We may also use “Log files” to track actions occurring on our websites, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps, and electronic files such as “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” to record information about how you browse our websites.
We also use software and systems which analyse information about our websites, such as the number of page views, the number of unique visitors, how long these visitors spend on the websites, and common entry and exit points into and from the websites. This information is collected and aggregated so you can’t be identified personally, and no personal information about you is stored.
Links to other sites
Our websites may contain links to other sites, which may not follow the same privacy policies that we adopt. We recommend that you check any relevant privacy policies before providing your personal information to anyone else.
Any personal information that you provide to us will be collected and held by us and by our web hosting providers. If you are an individual, you have the right to access, delete or correct personal information that we hold about you, at any time and as often as necessary. If you want to access, delete or correct your information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not happy with how we are handling your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com. We will review and process your complaint within a reasonable period of time. If you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you can also complain to your local data protection authority and they will be able to advice you how to submit a complaint.
How to contact us